Saturday, April 25, 2009

April 25 2009
So my last week here at the base before we take a 2 month adventure with 14 team members and a GOD who I am sure can hardly wait to teach us new things!! I am a little nervous but REALLY excited....below I have posted my prayer letter too. I have no expectations going into this because I have found that if I have to many expectations for a place I am usually disappointed. Here is our itinerary so far, and though it could change this is what we know so far. May 3rd (I think, whatever the sunday is) we drive to Managua and spend a week there. Then we drive to a place getting close to the central part of Nicaragua called Boaco and spend a week ministering there, then our final 2 weeks of May will be spent on the far south eastern part of the country in a place called Bluefields. I am SUPER excited to travel, it will be great to have a change of scenery for a while. Then our month of June is supposed to spent in Columbia in 2 different areas, but it will depend on a LOT of things, finances is a big one but the prayer of our hearts right now is that the Nicaraguans will be able to get a visa, because of political reasons (mainly the presidents do not like each other) it is SUPER hard for them to get visas. We do not really want to break up our team either so those of us who it is not hard to get a visa for, do not really want to go if the nicaraguans on our team can not get in. Then our plans are to either go to Guatamala or we may just stay on the east coast of Nicaragua. I would like that but I am pretty open to whatever =) So our last week of classes is on Evangelism and it will be a full week as we have dramas and choreographys that we will be practising during that time as well as we have to get finances in order before we leave and we also need to pack EVERYTHING for when we leave. We will be bringing just necessities then the rest has to go into storage until we get back as there are other teams that come and stay at the base while we are gone too. I think I will finish this for now, I hope to put up another blog before I leave but it will be a SUPER busy week, so I will not promise =)

1 comment:

The Yee's said...

So exciting! Can't wait to see where you go and what you will do! Blessings! ~ Jenn