Saturday, April 25, 2009

April 25 2009
My dear and wonderful friends!! As Paul greets in his letters; May God our father and the LORD Jesus Christ give you grace and peace!

First let me say that God is doing some cool things here in Nicaragua and I have been blessed to be a part of it! We have a fairly young group (out of 15 only 5 are over 20, the youngest being 16) and I can only wish that I had been learning the things in class, at that same age. Beside that the faith, love, and selflessness that these kids already have is AMAZING and humbling, and for any of you who have been to anywhere in latin america you know what I am talking about. I think that even though I am learning in the classes it is the people I am learning from the most. God is blessing me with some really cool friendships as well, I know it will not be easy to part!!

I am coming to you today in humility to ask for your help. As you may know (or you may not) but I am not being paid for this and my schooling is paid for ($1000USD) and now we have an outreach that we have been praying about and have found that God is leading us to Columbia. We start our outreach here in Nicaragua and are going to the other side stopping at one place on the way over to Bluefields. Then we return to Managua to fly out to a place called Cali which is the west coast close to Bogota (the capital) then God willing we will be flying to a jungle village on the very southern tip of Colombia and boarders Peru and Brazil. Our trip starts on the 3rd of May and each of us have to raise about $1500 USD each.... as I head into this next phase of ministry I would ask if you would be willing to support me financially.... if that is not possible for you I would ask that you be continuing to pray for me as I KNOW you are, maybe giving us ideas on how to raise support as well, we did have one little garage sale on the base here, we gave any clothes that we did not want any more and made food and stuff like that....it was fun, but took A LOT of work! We need to be spending the next 2 weeks getting prepared to leave as well as we still have classes.

Thank you so much for considering this and for praying!!! I will be doing what I can to keep you updated as I am not sure what kind of internet access I will have. Thank you again soooooo much and many blessings on you all!!

If you would like to contribute....please contact my Dad (JOHN) @ 780 417 2988


ALANA
<><

No comments: