NOVEMBER 7 2008
God has given us a call....to go into ALL the world and bring them to Him. This doesn't mean that EVERYONE has to go to deepest darkest Africa or to the slums of India. It could be as simple as helping down at your closest soup kitchen or start a kids club for inner city kids. In the end we are to look after those who are stuck in a constant rut, especially those who are orphaned or widowed. I know in my heart and have known since I was about 12 that I wanted to be a missionary. I WANTED to be the one to go to Africa; I WANTED to be the one in India. I believe that God has placed this desire in my heart because He wants to use me for something. I do not know what that is, I just know that at the right time I will know and until then I must learn and grow in the ways of the Lord. I believe that one of those ways is to be involved with an amazing organization called YWAM (Youth with a Mission). This organization basically teaches and trains you to be a missionary. I have applied and been accepted to go with them and learn in one of my FAVORITE countries in the world, Nicaragua. I will be traveling down in January and my last day there is July 5th.
I am writing this to ask if you would be willing to support me in a couple of ways. PRAYER being the top and most important. Nicaragua is a beautiful country filled with great people, but I have been to places that are very dark, and I have found that my spirit is very sensitive to that. I ask for prayer in strength, wisdom and boldness when I need them. Pray for the times of loneliness that I may encounter, as well as for a spirit of teachability as I can be a very strongwilled person! The second way is almost as important in that I will need to depend on God to show up through other people for a financial need that I will have.
I am writing this to ask if you would be willing to support me in a couple of ways. PRAYER being the top and most important. Nicaragua is a beautiful country filled with great people, but I have been to places that are very dark, and I have found that my spirit is very sensitive to that. I ask for prayer in strength, wisdom and boldness when I need them. Pray for the times of loneliness that I may encounter, as well as for a spirit of teachability as I can be a very strongwilled person! The second way is almost as important in that I will need to depend on God to show up through other people for a financial need that I will have.
We in Canada and all of North America have been MORE than blessed as a people and country and God expects us to be a blessing to those around us. I know that I have been called to travel abroad, but I pray that everyone will find their place in His will. Weather it be to GO and be a blessing in another nation or to be on the front lines here as a prayer warrior or by helping financially a missionary that you feel strongly in. Whatever it may be I know that God WILL bless you because you know what is important in life and that by obeying God you are doing what He has asked of us. Thanks to you my friends for EVERYTHING!!
No comments:
Post a Comment