JANUARY 30
So it is already almost Wednesday, and this past weekend was Breakforth. It was soooo AMAZING!! I got to see Casting Crowns, Newsboys, and got to say hello to Geoff Moore. I was at the Compassion boot ALL weekend and LOVED it! I was soooo EXTREMELY tired by the end, but because of Compassion and how much I LOVE them and the people it was well worth it to be tired. My next big event is Missions Fest and that is really cool because I get to be in charge of the booth this year!! (They are trusting me with that, omigosh!!) I am a little nervous but I feel that I will do well because for the most part I do know how things are run and feel like I will do a good job. Anyways, by the end of the Breakforth weekend, our final count of kids to be sponsored was 1030!!! Some of those were ones that have yet to be paid for but I feel that we will be really close to that as our final, final count.
I always have these great ideas of who I want to be and what I want to do, for the past little while I have been thinking about beign some type of promoter or agent type person for people that I know musically but, for 1 I am not musically talented (really) in any way. I LOVE to sing, but am not really good at it, and I really LOVE a lot of musical styles but can not play any type of instrument. Though I have played a few in the past, recorder, hand bells, piano (not very long) and alto sax (for a year). I absolutly LOVED what I did but I just moved around to much and was not diciplined enough in my younger years to stick with it in the different places that I was moved to. The reason is that I have met a lot of people that I ABSOLUTLY lOVE and wish that I could get them in places and set up things for them when they come to town. Kind of like Breakforth. Maybe I will just have to see if I can become a part of that. Anyways, I ende up sponsoring another little girl while at the booth this year I will have to post a picture when I can. She is soooo sweet, I call her my little winnie the pooh. She is only 3 but absolutly BEYOND the cutest thing you have ever seen. Well I should sign off for th night, have a great week one and all.
1 comment:
Breakforth was AWESOME! It was my first time going and I had a blast. It was good to see you at the Compassion both... I could tell you were having a great time! Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment